Friday, November 3

What the...?! Where's my bottle?

And what IS that stuff? I got hungry tonight and instead of just giving me my bottle like they usually do, I got stuck in my car seat on the kitchen table. I had to wear this piece of cloth thing around my neck...then they used this flat stick doo-hickey to put some kind of stuff in my mouth.

I was all like, "where's the bottle, Mom?" and she was laughing and Daddy kept flashing light in my face and I was like, "um, excuse me...yeah, we're all having fun here...where is my bottle?!"

Now, I have to admit, the stuff wasn't all that bad...Mommy & Daddy were oooh-ing and aaaaah-ing, so I must have done something right. If you ask me, more of that stuff ended up running down my chin and onto that cloth thingy around my neck than down into my stomach.

After Daddy gave me some of that stuff, Mommy gave me my bottle...boy was I happy about that...that was a goooood bottle (i waited and worked long enough to get it). Then I was a little confused ...where'd that new stuff go?

Mommy gave me a little bit more of it before I finished all of my bottle...not bad...I wonder if I am going to have to do this again... ... ...






Mommy's Note: Terry and I are totally winging this "moving to solid foods" thing. On the box of rice cereal it says for the first serving, "Mix 4 - 5 Tbl of milk/formula with 1 Tbl cereal. For subsequent feedings, gradually increase amount of cereal." ---> what does that mean?

I mean, I understand what that is saying. What I don't understand is... how often do we give this to him? How quickly do we increase the cereal amount and how much should he be digesting at one time?

My "What to Expect" Book has a lot to say about moving into this phase, without saying anything specifically. Websites say a lot too, without providing much guidance... ...to all you Mommies out there... HELP!

Advice, suggestions, "what I did"'s...guidance or comments will be thoroughly appreciated!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big thanks to Jennie and Birgit for easing my worried mind and steering me in the right direction with this cereal stuff....geesh, you'd think there would be more directive information or even more suggestions on the box of the stuff than there is...oh well...i've got my mommy posse to help me out! thanks girls!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the girls came through for you. I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing each new phase that Trevor goes through.

Jennie said...

Oh, yeah, cereal. Love it! First off, you can't do it wrong. OK, you can: Don't give him the kind with pineapples and oranges in it. We did that. New Year's Eve. Emilyn cried until midnight. Other than that, just give him some at dinnertime, or before bedtime to get him to sleep longer. Make it nice and runny. As he gets bigger, he'll be better at the thicker stuff. Soon, he'll love all foods!!! (Get back to me when it's time for orange veggies!)

Christine said...

YAY! Trevor's first big-boy meal. Heh heh...he does look a little confused, though. I can't wait to get to that phase with Kamryn. I was going to make a guess aobut the cereal, but it looks like you got it. (I can't remember much of what I did the first time around...that was too long ago).

Anonymous said...

We totally skipped the whole cereal phase...i read that cereal isn't really that big of a deal with formula fed babies as they are getting all the nutrients they need from the formula...so we jumped right into the real stuff and he is LOOOOOOOOVIN' IT!

funny....the german do things so radically different here that our doctor was quite surprised to hear he was eating peas and beans (which they wait on feeding until like 9 months) -- germans feed 4 month olds things like spinach, potatoes, meats, broccoli, cauliflower, etc -- things we wait on until much later....so my interpretation? anything goes!!!!