Wednesday, August 22

I wear CHUCKS!



Trevor's been walking, independently walking, for a few weeks now. Even before, when he would walk while pushing something around, I could never get shoes on the kid. We'd been to a couple of parties and Trevor would be walking (assisted) with just a couple of pairs of socks on his feet. TRAVESTY! All of our German friends were like, "uh, where the hell are his shoes?"

The story was always the same...can't get them on, he balls up his feet, pulls them off as soon as I get them on (while he is kicking and screaming) etc, etc etc.

So, on this particular day...I explained to Trevor why it was important that he practice wearing his shoes in the house. I explained to him that if he wears them, we can walk pretty much anywhere. And...I swear to the heaven's above...he HAD to have understood me.

On this day - he not only quietly sat in my lap and allowed me to put his socks on...but was very agreeable with letting me put his Chucks on. And then, he actually got up and walked around and started playing like he had always been wearing them. No adjustment period, no checking them out or squirming around with them...everything just went extraordinarily normal.

So here you have it...the first day Trevor officially wore his shoes and carried on. Be sure to check out the videos of him walking and climbing around! Click HERE.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Hi Trevor,
You certainly look like you are having the best time and curiosity is a good thing.
Do me a favor, take some pictures of Mommy and Daddy just like these. That would be really funny.
Anyway you are just too cute!! I can't wait to hear you say Aunt Patsy.
Hugs, kisses and lots of love,
Aunt Patsy