Saturday, June 2

A Day at the Park

I have been obsessed with finding a park to take Trevor to, ever since my friend Jenny said she takes her daughter to go swing.

There are lots of parks in our village (as there are in every village) but most of them are for bigger toddler kids. I need the baby swings and those aren't so easy to find.

I also knew that there are parks on base, but from experience of living on base, I knew that they are typically reserved for that block of housing...so the quest to find "open to the public" playgrounds with baby swings went into action today.

We decided to look on the base closest to us first and as we drove around all the schools and through the neighborhoods, we came across a park that looked pretty good. It seemed to be open to everyone, so we decided this was the one to check out.

Trevor was absolutely fascinated -- we put him on one of those rocking animals on a the giantic spring thing...but he wasn't so interested in that...he prefered to check out the bouncy rubbery flooring on the ground...once one of the baby swings opened up, we threw him in --- he wasn't so sure what to think about it...he didn't cry but he wasn't laughing either.

So then, we took him onto the jungle gym sort of thing. He loved crawling up and down that ramp...must have done it a hundred times, singing the whole time. He was interested in another little boy (probably about 6-8 months older) and followed him around for a little bit.

Then it was back in the swing for a little bit more action there and then onto the hill covered in woodchips for a little bit of exposure to some nature.

He seemed to have a great time, burned a lot of energy and got lots of fresh air.

Terry said as we walked into the play area..."Can you believe we are playground parents now?!" LMAO I never thought it would really happen to me...but I love it!

Saturday, June 2, 2007


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie,

You look like you are having so much fun at the park, and I am madly in love with your blond curls!!!!

When you get back I will take you for a walk in Fairmount Park.

Love,
Aunt Patsy